Christmas is almost here! I feel like I’ve started all my recent blog posts with this very same sentence! It’s okay though because Christmas really is almost here! Anyway, today’s post is a Christmassy recipe because I love baking just as much as I love cooking! I had already baked these cookies before, but I recently bought the Santa cookie cutter and these turned out so cute I had to share them with you!
- In a large bowl, you want to mix together the butter (at room temperature, very important) and the confectioner’s sugar. I decided to do it by hand but you can use a mixer.
- Add the egg yolks and the flour and mix again until combined. You should be left with a quite dry, crumbly, mixture.
- Now the fun part begins! Place your mixture on your counter knead it until is less crumbly. Grab a rolling pin and roll your dough until it’s thin.
- Cut your dough with the help of your very cute Christmas cookie cutters (I used my Santa’s cookie cutter, and a simple round one, but you can use snowflakes or any other Christmassy ones you can find!) Tip: If you don’t have cookie cutters you can use a cup, or cut by hand if you’re patient enough!
- Finally, place your cookies on a baking sheet in the oven at 220 º C (428º F) for 10 minutes until they are nice and tanned on top.
Also, if you are a chocolate lover like me you can put Nutella on one cookie and place a second cookie on top of it, before taking it to the oven, it’s chocolate heaven!
I’ve been loving making these recipe posts and I’ve already baked Oreo Cupcakes, chocolate cookies and shared my favorite rice pudding recipe here on the blog!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and you try it out! If you do don’t forget to tweet me pictures @DreamsAndLashes!