If there’s one beauty essential for me it’s concealer. Even on days where I don’t want to spend any time doing my makeup I always put on a little bit of concealer to cover my under eyes. I’m planning to do an everyday makeup look post (no foundation!) soon so you’ll see what I’m talking about there.
Over the years I have built up a good collection of concealer.( I know you’re supposed to throw these away every 6-12 months but really, does anyone actually do that?). I definitely have my favourites so I wanted to share them with you today! From left to right:
- Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define – There’s been a lot of talk about this one. Some people say it is a dupe for the Tarte Shape Tape, but since I don’t have it I can’t comment on that. I reviewed it on this post, so you can head on over there to get more detail. This is one of my go-to concealers to brighten my under eye area and get rid of any darkness.
- Collection Lasting Perfection – I bought this one after hearing Zoe Sugg talk about it so much. I reach for it a lot but I’m not sure that I would repurchase. It is super affordable so if that’s something you’re looking for you should give it a try. I even mentioned it on my ‘Makeup kit under 30$‘ post!
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage – Again, I use this a lot! Especially when I want really high coverage that won’t budge. The first time I used it I let it sit on my under eyes for a bit while I was blending it on other areas of my face. When I finally went to blend it out it was dry and didn’t move! I was super impressed but it and I’d say this is a really long lasting one!
- Mark Nude Matte Cream Concealer – I must say I don’t really reach for this one as much. Or actually, not at all. I haven’t used it in a long time but I remember it being super dry under my eyes and creasing like crazy! It is also a bit too white for me.
- Maybelline Age Rewind – I’d say this is my favourite one, by far. Whenever I’m doing a no-makeup look I always reach for this one. It looks super natural on the skin and I’d say this is the perfect shade for me. Sometimes I will mix it in with my MUR one, to brighten it up a little bit. Surprisingly, I haven’t mentioned this one on the blog before but I’ve talked about it a lot on my Instagram. This is definitely one I will repurchase soon!
- Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer – I wasn’t kidding before when I said I don’t throw my concealers away. I reviewed this one here when I first got it. That post is from 2015 (wow, that’s embarrassing!). But worry not, I haven’t used this pretty much since then. I need to work on my (makeup) hoarding issues. It was way too light for me (even more than the Mark one) and super patchy. I had high hopes for this one and it was a disappointment.
Those are all the concealers I own. (For now!) Do you have any of these concealers? What is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!