This oreo cupcakes recipe post is one of those posts that I find really hard not to overflow with pictures! Not only because I’m really proud of myself for the pictures but also because I’m really proud of myself for the way these oreo cupcakes turned out! ha ha
175g butter (+100g for the frosting)
40g cocoa powder
1tbs baking powder
1 pack Oreos (+2 for the frosting)
200g icing sugar for the frosting
For the cupcakes:
- Mix together the butter and the sugar until it’s smooth. You could do this by hand but I prefer to use a mixer.
- Add your eggs and mix again.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to the batter and mix it once more.
- Finally, place one oreo at the bottom of every cupcake case before placing one spoon full on top.
- Pop them into your pre-heated oven at 180ºC for about 15 minutes.
For the frosting:
- Mix together your butter and icing sugar. This will be easier to do if the butter is at room temperature.
- Crumb up half a pack of Oreos and add it to your butter and sugar frosting.
- Finally, all you need to do is make sure your cakes have cooled completely before you add the frosting or it might melt! Frost the cupcakes and add one final oreo on top for decoration and you’re done!
Let me know on twitter @DreamsAndLashes if you make these Oreo Cupcakes! And don’t forget to leave me a comment if you would like me to post more recipes!