I’ve gone on a couple of trips lately (See my I Went To The UK post here!) and I feel like I’ve gathered a few airport tips I wanted to share with you here on the blog. These are things I’ve learned and will for sure be using next time I travel!
If you’re a beauty junkie like me I’ve also shared my travel hauls a few times, like the first time I went to Superdrug or when I spent 300£… Oops!
1. Wear comfortable (and metal free) shoes/clothes. Last time I travelled by plane, to Manchester, I made the bad decision of wearing my high heeled boots (I know, I know…) I was stopped at security and had to take them off and them wait for them on the other side of the x-ray! Needless to say, all those hours of waiting and walking around would have been much more comfortable on flats!
2. This is the time to use your non-liquid makeup products. Let me know if you want to know what makeup I bring with me when travelling! Unless you are bringing a bigger bag then you’re not allowed anything over 100ml and it all has to fit on a tiny little plastic bag!! So if I were you I would leave my 500 different mascaras, lipsticks & foundations at home. Try bringing a powder foundation, if you have one, as those don’t need to go in the plastic bag. Also, if you plan on buying loads of makeup once you get to your destination maybe don’t bring certain things you know you’re going to buy!
3. Have everything ready before getting to the security line! I can’t stress this enough! Before you get to the security line there usually are tables for you to open your bag one last time and throw away anything that you can’t bring with you. You can (and should!) take advantage of that time to take your little liquids plastic bag out of your suitcase and have them ready to be put on the tray once you go through security. This will make the whole process much quicker and less stressful!
4. You can bring snacks for the flight. If you’ve ever been on a plane (at least on low-cost Airlines) you will have noticed that everything is so expensive! I usually try to take some snacks in my bag. Some chips or cookies to indulge on during the flight! These also prove to be handy while waiting to get my bags back after!
5. Bring a book with you. Some people love to read while they’re on vacation, hanging out by the pool working on their tans. Others don’t really get the time to read while they’re away. Whichever one you are, always make sure you have something to do while on the plane. I usually love bringing a book with me and catch up on my reading. I’ve tried watching a movie before but I find that there’s too much noise for that!
As I’m posting this I’m back in Yorkshire visiting family, so let me know if you want any other travel-related posts!