This week I decided to share with you one of my favorite recipes. I have loved rice pudding ever since I was a little girl and even today I love making it! This is the best recipe I have found to date so I hope you like it as much as I do.
For this recipe you will need:
450g of sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
250g of Carolina rice
1.7L (+1 teacup) of milk
50g of butter
6 egg yolks
Follow these steps:
- Put the water and the rice in a pan, add salt, and cook untill all the water is evaporated.
- Add the butter, lemon, milk and cinnamon and leave to cook for 30 minutes, whisking every now and then.
- After 30 minutes add the sugar.
- Mix your egg yolks with the teacup of milk and add to the rice mixture, while whisking.
- Serve and leave to cool on the fridge.
- Finally, decorate with cinnamon if you wish.
You should keep in mind that this recipe serves 12 people, so it is quite a lot! Also, it makes for a really creamy and delicious rice pudding therefore it is really runny while hot, don’t worry, it gets thicker when cold!
Don’t forget to leave a comment down below if you try the recipe and to follow me on bloglovin’ so you don’t miss my weekly posts!